Is everyone fucked up?
I've been cruising a bunch of blogs written (apparently) by Jewish women. Is it just me, or does reality and life escape the grasp of most of them? Is it L''H even if I link to their own words???
One writes "I suffer from clinical depression and anxiety ... I have been suicidal ... I am still convinced [my husband] will leave me ... I go to psychotherapy twice a week." Scary.
Another one has NO clue how to deal with a commenter who is stalking her. She just keeps baiting him and giving him reasons to push her buttons and obviously push her to the edge.
Then there are the ones that come close to losing it totally because they cannot find a mate. It is completely consuming their lives.
Others are a breath away from ultimately losing it because of self-imposed (yes, that's what I said) halacha.
If they are in Israel, maybe they need to contact Chayyei Sarah about this.
Now, a blog is a great release. But where are all the together, smart, sassy, women who have some self confidence and a grip on life? Women who go on a first date ON TIME, dressed appropriately, and not talking about their last therapy session? How about the happily married women who are confident in their marriages, believe they are good mothers, not racking their brains about halacha, just accepting it if that is their choice?
Not saying the guys are much better ...
One writes "I suffer from clinical depression and anxiety ... I have been suicidal ... I am still convinced [my husband] will leave me ... I go to psychotherapy twice a week." Scary.
Another one has NO clue how to deal with a commenter who is stalking her. She just keeps baiting him and giving him reasons to push her buttons and obviously push her to the edge.
Then there are the ones that come close to losing it totally because they cannot find a mate. It is completely consuming their lives.
Others are a breath away from ultimately losing it because of self-imposed (yes, that's what I said) halacha.
If they are in Israel, maybe they need to contact Chayyei Sarah about this.
Now, a blog is a great release. But where are all the together, smart, sassy, women who have some self confidence and a grip on life? Women who go on a first date ON TIME, dressed appropriately, and not talking about their last therapy session? How about the happily married women who are confident in their marriages, believe they are good mothers, not racking their brains about halacha, just accepting it if that is their choice?
Not saying the guys are much better ...
5 Comments:
Makes sense, all the normal ones have no need to blog ... where's that leave me? Thanks for visiting!
Ya know what, Moishe baby? They may kvetch more - but they are a hell of a lot more entertaining than your jewboy-wussy blog. How about really opening up your gut and kvetching about YOUR life? Im sure there's something you could bitch about too.
I talk very openly about my life, and even my identity on my other blog and get about 20 or 30 readers a day. So thank you for your kind words ... and if you are not finding this entertaining, feel free to click away. It's been many years since I've heard the words "jewboy-wussy" thanks for the mature comment.
Orthomom has a grip!
I'm not sure I have much of a grip, but, but I think I'm essentially rational. My latest post may not really reflect that, though.
Post a Comment
<< Home