You are not far from being a poor black ...
Imagine this: A hurricane is bearing down on San Jose. We know that San Jose cannot withstand a hurricane greater than category 3. We predict a category 5.
Any chance in hell we would not do something BEFORE and AFTER?
The government called for a mandatory evacuation. The poor had NO WAY to evacuate, NO WHERE to go, NO MONEY to get out, NO CAR to leave in. And where were the school buses to help them? Where were the shelters OUTSIDE the city? Hey, THEY ARE BLACK, SO THEY ARE DISPOSABLE.
FACTS:
New Orleans levees were designed for a category 3 hurricane.
Katrina was a 4 and at times a 5 and aiming for New Orleans.
NOTHING WAS DONE TO HELP THE POOR BEFORE IT HIT.
The director of FEMA did not know until THURSDAY that there were thousands starving in the convention center FOUR DAYS LATER. HE DID NOT KNOW. Well, he was well prepared for the job, Bush gave him the job when his previous experience was BEING FIRED FROM HIS JOB OVERSEEING HORSE SHOWS!
From the Boston Herald:
Brown pushed from last job: Horse group: FEMA chief had to be 'asked to resign'
By Brett Arends - Saturday, September 3, 2005
The federal official in charge of the bungled New Orleans rescue was fired from his last private-sector job overseeing horse shows.
And before joining the Federal Emergency Management Agency as a deputy director in 2001, GOP activist Mike Brown had no significant experience that would have qualified him for the position.
The Oklahoman got the job through an old college friend who at the time was heading up FEMA.
The agency, run by Brown since 2003, is now at the center of a growing fury over the handling of the New Orleans disaster.
"I look at FEMA and I shake my head,'' said a furious Gov. Mitt Romney yesterday, calling the response "an embarrassment.''
President Bush, after touring the Big Easy, said he was "not satisfied'' with the emergency response to Hurricane Katrina's devastation.
When Terri Schiavo was dying congress and all the assholes rallied INSTANTLY to vote to save her, they flew in from their breaks. Well, thousands of poor blacks are dying, THEY WAITED UNTIL FRIDAY to do anything! Condi Rice (who obviously doesn't know she is black) STAYED TWO MORE DAYS IN NYC TO SEE SPAMALOT!
The Army Corps of Engineers asked for $105 million for hurricane and flood programs in New Orleans last year. Bush's white house gave them $40 million. To bad, but it is for poor black (democrats?). Note that they did give $231 million for a small uninhabited Alaskan island to build a bridge.
READ THIS, I DARE YOU!
The news shows blacks "looting." It shows whites "finding food." What the hell is that about? YES, the whites that are there are looting too, you assholes. I would. I am white. I am Jewish. I am upper class. If I was in that situation you can bet your ass I'd be looting. Maybe not for TV's but water, Ensure and Cipro would be high on my list. I can see the headlines now ... Jews Looting, Man With Kipa Shot While Saving Family.
WE ALL NEED TO BE ASHAMED. We have a government BY THE PEOPLE. Why are we still so fucking racist?
Argue with me all you want, this would not have happened if Tom DeLay's mother lived there. It would not have happened in San Jose. It would not have happened in NY ... unless it was limited to Harlem.
You don't have a clue. Every see a dead body? Ever see 50,000 people in one building with no toilets for five days? With dead bodies. With no food, no water? And you get grossed out when your kid pukes in the toilet.
These people were forgotten. Because they were poor. Because they were black. Now, thousands are dead.
Why should we care? We're not black. No, we're jews.
History does not show great differences.
FEMA sucks. Bush sucks. This government sucks. WE failed.
Where was God? Personally, I don't think he micro manages. Maybe he was busy, not paying attention. Maybe he made it happen. Sometimes he does stuff which sucks.
Now figure out what you can do.
YOU are not far from being poor, you are not far from being black.
9 Comments:
That's it, fight the power man. Clearly God is a racist since he sent the hurricane in the first place. Why couldn't he send it to a white city like Seattle?
I doubt God is racist, but He could be. Heck, he does have His chosen people. Personally, I don't believe that He sent the hurricane. My point is more that the government and the people running it, on all levels, have racist and 'classist' tendencies. Shit happens. Unfortunately some of the people in charge of dealing with it are pukes. (Hmmm, lovely language, glad my mom doesn't read the blog ... at least I don't think so).
Awsome rant.
Awsome rant.
Too bad it's not factual.
There's a big difference between stealing food and clothing and looting for jewelry, drugs, TVs, etc. Will you also make excuses for the shootings and rapes? Disasters also bring out the worst in the drecks of society.
Manny: there is an incredible difference as you say. Not sure why you ask if I excuse the shootings and rapes. Of course not. As I said, I, too, would "loot" food and water. But the other? No, of course not. Those pukes need to be dealt with.
Fine rant!
What a stupid, stinkin' tragedy.
More props to you.
Something needs to be fixed with our government.
-alan scott
Something needs to be fixed with our government.
Starting with grammar.
Post a Comment
<< Home